Associations Advance AmericaThe Alabama Self-Insurers Association (ASIA) was formed in 1992 by ten self-insured companies with the goal of helping employers understand worker's compensation law and any proposed changes, as well as ensuring equitable coverage for the injured employee. Today, ASIA boasts a membership in excess of 400.
ASIA is a statewide, non-profit membership organization that represents the interests of employers in Alabama who self-insure workers' compensation coverage on their employees. ASIA is committed to a workers' compensation program that:
- Adequately compensates the employee with a work-related injury
- Recognizes fair limitations on employer responsibility
- Provides for an appropriate distribution of the compensation dollar
- Reduces litigation
- Is dedicated to eliminating abuses within the system
- Operates within the bounds of reasonable and necessary regulations